Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gearing up for the weekend

This weekend my sewing hiatus ends. I plan to watch movies and sew sew sew. Since I have several projects that are already cut out I will sew some of them and then cut out a couple of new pieces. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will have a few new pieces to squeeze into my closet. Does anyone else have this challenge (I won't call it a problem)? This brings up a great question for all of you fabulously talented sewists that sew on a regular basis. How do you manage your wardrobe if you make new pieces all the time? Do you constantly edit your closet and get rid of items that you have made in the past? What do you do? I am on the verge of being able to open a clothing store myself because I find it hard to edit.


I decided to change up and make a different skirt for once. I bought some black rayon? fabric for $1.00/yd. Don't laugh it is actually a very nice fabric and if I mess it up I won't be mad. I am going to make McCalls 5523 view C.

I love this Built by Wendy top (Simplicity 3835 view C). I made it once before and it turned out well so I cut it out in a pink cotton batik 2 months ago and have yet to work on it, but this weekend I will complete it. It only takes about an hour to actually sew it.
I cut this jacket out 2 months ago also, in a turquoise satin brocade. I plan to make McCalls 5276 view B. I think that it will be a cute dressy jacket to wear with jeans.


I was going through old magazines that I plan to throw away and I saw this dress in an old Lucky magazine (August 2007 issue). I think that Butterick 5040 view B is a very close match so I plan to make it in a dark grey ponte knit.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have that same McCall's skirt as a part of my SWAP, all cut out and ready to go! And hey, I sure don't knock inexpensive fabrics; some of my favorite outfits were made from $1.00/yd Wal-Mart fabric. If it works, it works! :-D

Good luck on your projects.

007gurl said...

I do love getting a deal on fabric! The McCall's skirt is a great pattern. I almost want to make every version of the pattern because they are all so cute. As for Swapping I can't get my mind around doing my own SWAP right now but I am definitely paying attention to how everyone else is progressing.