Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lutterloh not forgotten

Oh Lutterloh I won't let you stump me!!! I refuse to let Lutterloh get the better of me. Long story short, I drafted my first Lutterloh pattern several several weeks ago, but the pattern turned out sort of funky so I just put it away. So much for the golden rule!!! I think that women's clothing sizes were very different in the 60's, which is probably why the pattern came out funky. I think that us Millenium girls have to make adjustments. Anyway, I decided to pull out the pattern that I made and see what I could do to make it work. Actually it has been haunting me for a while. Fortunately, I have been learning a lot about tissue fitting, so I decided to use that method to salvage the pattern. Based on the tissue fitting I added 1.5 inches to the hip area and decided to add darts to the back of the dress. I think that I have made all of the alterations needed on the pattern, so I will be cutting it out this week. However, I plan to add 1 inch side seams for a little extra insurance. No matter what I plan to end up with a wearable garment!!!!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Dress for Summer

Once again I was not able to sew much this weekend. I have been slammed lately with multiple assignments, so free time is a thing of the past for the moment. However.........I did work on my in between project, which is a dress that I am making for when the weather gets a little warmer. I am using McCall's 5315 View A. I chose a cotton batik in black and white for the fabric. I was all set to whip this one out, but I did not pay attention to the finished garment measurements for this dress when I cut it out so I have to take in in a lot!!!!! and then reposition the straps. I just pinned it together on my dressform so everyone could see what I have been doing. Hopefully, I will be able to come up for air by the end of the week and actually complete it.