Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Dress for Summer

Once again I was not able to sew much this weekend. I have been slammed lately with multiple assignments, so free time is a thing of the past for the moment. However.........I did work on my in between project, which is a dress that I am making for when the weather gets a little warmer. I am using McCall's 5315 View A. I chose a cotton batik in black and white for the fabric. I was all set to whip this one out, but I did not pay attention to the finished garment measurements for this dress when I cut it out so I have to take in in a lot!!!!! and then reposition the straps. I just pinned it together on my dressform so everyone could see what I have been doing. Hopefully, I will be able to come up for air by the end of the week and actually complete it.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very, very cute!!!

Lori said...

This is really cute, great job.

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute! I love the fabric!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The fabric is what really makes this dress sing...and it's a pattern that I would have totally overlooked but love your interpretation of it!

007gurl said...

Adrienne, Lori, Erica B., and Carolyn I love this fabric also. Can you believe that I got this fabric in the quilting section!!!! What a waste it would have been on someone's bed. The design again may be simple but the fabric does make it pop.