Sunday, April 27, 2008

Vogue 2817 jacket

Unfortutately I did not get much sewing done in the past couple of days but I did finish the jacket from my Vogue 2817 wardrobe pattern. This is a super easy pattern. It just requires a lot of stitching. I just have the skirt and pants left to do out of black linen as well and then a couple of tops in different linen colors. I don't know now if I am still going to make another jacket from the same pattern in the silver foil linen fabric that I bought, because I don't know how much I am actually feeling the jacket. I am going to have to think about it for a little while, I don't know if I should use a different pattern instead. In the picture I paired the jacket with the top that I already made from the same pattern and a black linen embroidered skirt that I made last year. The skirt was my original inspiration for a linen wardrobe. I also paired the jacket with the black and white linen embroidered dress that I just made.







5 comments:

Adrienne said...

I've never noticed that pattern before!! Very nice.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I do like the jacket and it does coordinate well with the other pieces you just made...however, I get that you don't want to make it again! This happens to me too sometimes...

Unknown said...

Wow, you have a mini SWAP going on here. Looking good, lady!

007gurl said...

Thanks Adrienne and Carolyn, the jacket was very easy to make because of the simple construction. Pirouette, I do feel like it is a mini-swap, but I am finding out that doing a SWAP is a lot of work, so kudos to you for doing a real one.

Cennetta said...

Very nice jacket. Great coordination with all the pieces shown here.