Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Linen attraction

Back in December I started to develop a linen fixation. I have been buying yards and yards of linen to the point that I am almost stockpiling it. My thoughts were to construct a linen wardrobe for summer using the Adri Vogue 2817 pattern. So I am still going to go with my original thought. I am planning to make all views in black linen, which I have already cut out and then make an extra top in yellowish green, but I saw some silver foil linen at Joann's and I had to have it so I am going to make a top and jacket out of the silver fabric as well. This week instead of doing the remaining hand sewing work on my Vogue 8414 dress. I decided to start my linen wardrobe. So far I have only made the top which was pretty easy.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Great Tank.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That is a great tank! I can't wait to see the rest of the black linen pieces and then the additional pieces made from the pops of color. It should be a stunning wardrobe!

Nneka said...

Oh, I love linen, too. And I stockpile it every year during sales! I once had a sewing instructor that said you had to love the wrinkles if you wanted to work with linen! No matter how you line, underline, or press, you will get wrinkles, so LOVE the wrinkles. :)
-Nneka

007gurl said...

Nneka you are right, you can't help but love linen. Thanks Carolyn and Sheila I love the tank also, I kind of want it in every color now.