Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Fabric That Spoke

I put off continuing to work on my Vogue 2817 wardrobe pattern to make something out of the fabric that spoke to me. I must say that I just love this dress!!!!! I used Simplicity 2975 View A. The pattern was quite easy to make. I lengthened the dress by 2 inches because I am tall and then took in the side seams at the arm 1 inch so that the armhole did not gape. I plan to get a lot of use out of this dress this summer. I might even wear it to work with a jacket. Love it!!!!!



9 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute dress! I love the fabric choice!

Shannon said...

What a great dress - it makes me long for summer!

loopylulu said...

Great choice of fabric to go with this pattern. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of this one.

Lori said...

What a cute,fun dress.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That fabric knew who it was speaking to because that dress is fabulous!

Tany said...

What a beauty! The fabric is really great too!

Nneka said...

Now that fabric is speaking to me even more! Wonder if I have a Joann's coupon around. Lovely summer dress!
-Nneka

Lashell said...

Great dress. So RTW.

kasizzle said...

Oh, I love it! Bet it looks great on and is comfortable.