Thursday, April 17, 2008

When fabric speaks to you

I went to Joann's to pick up some sewing needles and saw some graphic print black and white embroidered linen, of course I walked right past it, because I don't need any more fabric. I mean I really don't need any more fabric. So, I just kept going, but the fabric spoke to me "Psst. Psst". "Check me out." I was strong at first, but it kept speaking to me. "Where are you going?" "Oh come on, come on just come closer." So I did and the voice got louder and more persuasive. "Just touch me." So I did. Then then fabric said "You know you want me !!!" Well somehow I entered into a trance and found myself picking up the bolt of fabric, walking to the cutting table, and then to the cashier. To make a long story short the fabric ended up in my passenger side seat and on it's way home with me. When I got home I riffled thru my patterns and chose Simplicity 2975 to use to make it. This style is actually very popular right now. I have seen it several times in different stores, so I think the pattern was a good choice. I am going to be be making the dress, View A.



3 comments:

Nneka said...

That same fabric speaks to me everytime I go in Joann's. I've managed to ignore it though by thinking about all the yds of linen I have at home that would be saddened by being bumped in line by this new acquisition!
-Nneka

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

*lol* I totally understand the fabric speaking to you...been there, done that! Can't wait to see your finished garment!

007gurl said...

Nneka and Carolyn I'm glad that I am not the only one that fabric speaks to!!!