Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cutting frenzy

I have finished everything that I am sewing for my mother except for the jacket which still needs buttons and to be hemmed. I plan to post her outfits tomorrow. This afternoon I decided to cut out another pattern while watching a Lifetime Network movie and somehow got into a cutting frenzy. Of course I really did not need to do so, but cutting out fabric is my least favorite thing to do so when the mood hits me I really need to go with it. It may all seem kind of haphazard, but everything I cut out either goes with something that I already have or coordinates with some other fabric that I have and plan to make later. So I cut out the following pattterns:


New look 6654 (Views A & E) in a navy blue woven fabric. It is actually the same fabric that that I am using for my Mom's SWAP. I bought 10 yards!!!

Simplicity 4020 (view c) pullover knit top in a mustard and black knit.



Vogue 8414 misses's dress and jacket in a black stretch cotton rayon and black and white tweed for the jacket.


McCalls 5430 (view C) in a dark blue denim fabric. I am going to use this skirt to coordinate with some of the stuff that I will make later for Spring.