Friday, January 4, 2008

In a tracing mood

It was pouring rain today, so I decided to pull out all of my pattern making supplies that I have been accumulating in preparation to start making and tracing patterns. My supplies include a 1000 foot roll of white butcher block paper, a set of french curves, a pattern notcher, 2 B-oleyar designer's curves, a tracing wheel, a quickline ruler, a quarter inch seam guide and 2 different compasses that I am going to try to use to make my seam allowance.

Then I decided to trace the BWOF #101B blouse from the September 2007 issue as my first BWOF pattern. It should be a piece of cake right? It took me all of 1 hour to trace and add the seam line. Cidell was right. It was really quite easy. There was no need for the compass. Instead, I ended up using my quickline ruler to make the seam line because it has a 5/8 in marking. My newly traced pattern is all ready to be cut. I am using a rayon spandex knit in deep teal for the fabric. I am so excited!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you purchase your designer's, hip, and crotch curves from?

cidell said...

I feel like singing 'You're going to make it after alllllll!'

Can I ask about your pattern weights? I'm using some dritz I don't live and your's look like interesting....

kasizzle said...

I can't wait to see this finished. Love the color.
Can I ask where you bought the butcher block paper? My Nancy's notions paper is finally running out after many years.

Tany said...

Ohhh, I love this pattern! I made this blouse too! I can't wait to see your version!

Anonymous said...

My designer curve was broken in shipment and company went bankrupt. Do you know anyone that supplies B-oleyar products?
I love your site. It makes me want to start sewing!