Thursday, January 17, 2008

A little bit of Spring

Yesterday the sun was shining and it was windy, but still warm so I decided to go out and before I knew it I ended up at Joann's. Now mind you I do not need anymore fabric, but I could not resist this fabric. I immediately had an eye lock on it the moment I walked into the store. I think it was the green in the print. I really am finding myself really attracted to green lately. Anyway, I have decided to make a dress out of it (McCall's 5516, view B). I have some blue lightweight linen that I have had in my stash for at least three years that I am going to use with it and if I have enough fabric left I think that try to make another Built by Wendy top, but in a different style.


Of course I will not start any of this nor my BWOF top until I finish all of the items that I am making for my mother. That would be 2 skirts, 1 pair of pants, 1 dress, 1 jacket and 2 tops to be exact. I have completed 2 skirts, the pants and one top, so I am well on my way. Yet, I have to say that I am finding it a little hard to sew for someone who is not physically here. Normally when I sew for myself I constantly try on whatever I am making to make sure it fits, but I don't have that option right now. I just have her measurements to guide me, which I hope is enough.

1 comment:

kasizzle said...

That fabric will look great made up in the McCalls pattern. I find it hard to focus on someone else's stuff when I get excited about something for myself!