Friday, January 11, 2008

UFO done

I finished my Simplicity 9630 pants suit all except for the sleeve hem , which I will do while I am watching TV this weekend. Overall it was very easy to sew. The jacket is lined, collarless and has a tie belt and the pants have a side zipper and tie waistband. I made the pants super long so I can wear them with my sandal heels. I always have a hard time finding RTW pants that are long enough, so when I sew pants I always make them super long. I used a lavendar/lilac linen blend fabric for this suit, so I will probably use it for my spring wardrobe.

This is the close up. I really like the overall look of the suit.
........ and finally my crazy dog Lola who was very interested in my dressform and suit.

5 comments:

Cennetta said...

Love the suit. Congratulations on completing another UFO. I totally understand about making your pants extra long. I'm tall too and always take the opportunity to add more to the length.

kasizzle said...

Your suit looks like it's going to be very comfortable. Yay for finishing UFO's!
P.S. I have a dog named Lola, also!

Tany said...

It looks great! I made a very similar suit a couple of years ago!

Sharon Sews said...

Congrats getting a UFO done - it feels so good getting those completed doesn't it?

And love the picture of Lola - what a doll!

007gurl said...

Thanks all. I love it when I finish a project from my UFO bin