Tuesday, January 22, 2008

BWOF 9-2007-101B

Hooray!! My first BWOF garment is done! I made blouse 101B from the September 2007 issue. There are actually two versions of the blouse (A & B), but I have to tell you that I have no idea what the difference is and the instructions don't appear to give any clues either. So if anyone knows please tell me. I thought the tracing of the pattern was easy so don't be scaarred! I traced the pattern in a size 40 based on the measurement chart listed, but I should of gone with a size 38, because the top is a little big. If I had used the smaller size it would of been okay, because knits stretch. Also the neckline is lower than I thought it would be, so I went back and read the description of the blouse and it says it has a plunging neckline and feminine tie collar. Duh! Anyway, I am not interested in showing all of my goods so I will have to wear a cami with it. Overall, it was a very good experience and I completed resolution #5 of my 2008 Sewing Resolutions. Now I have decisions to make. Which pattern will I trace next? I am going to have to go back through the issues that I have again, but I am thinking either a jacket or another blouse.

1 comment:

Tany said...

Congrats on your first BWOF! I've sewn this pattern too and I love its stylelines!