Thursday, January 3, 2008

Unfinished Projects the saga continues

I am really trying to wrap up my unfinished projects and sew new stuff as well. I have a lot of patterns that are completely cut that I haven't worked on yet. I chose two patterns that I cut out probably 6 months ago or maybe even longer, to start working on today. I was going to make Simplicity 9630 (views A & F) last summer. The fabric that I am using is a lavender linen mix. I think that Simplicity 9630 will mix well with Vogue 2817 that I also cut out in a black linen for last summer, but never made. I will use both of them for my Spring/Summer wardrobe. My second unfinished project is a dress. I actually don't remember what possessed me to cut out Simplicity 5049 (view B) in a silver/grey crepe back satin of all things, but I am going to finish both of them to free up some of my sewing pins. If I don't like the dress then I will turn it into a top. I have had the patterns so long that both of them are out of print now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UFO's are the bane of my existence. I had three of them hanging up in my closet for a long time. I finally decided I was never going to finish or wear them, so I tossed them!

Currently, I have four or five unfinished projects all cut out stored in zip locked bags waiting to be sewn. They've been untouched for a few months now. I'll get to them after I finish my SWAP. I hope!