Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 Sewing Resolutions

In 2008:

1. I will sew for someone else other than myself.

2. I will start making muslins

3. I will not be seduced by 40% or 50% off coupons at Joann's every week.

4. I will learn to make accessories like purses, belts, and hats.

5. I will start sewing Burda patterns.

6. I will not allow the color of the thread on my serger to determine what I sew. I will just change the thread color on my serger without complaining.

7. I will sew with the goal of building a capsule wardrobe. My ultimate dream is that I never have to say "I don't have a thing to wear".

8. I will attempt to do a SWAP (or actually a couple of mini-SWAPs). I have been thinking that I should do a weekend/casual wear SWAP and an evening wear SWAP.

9. I will learn more about pattern construction. I took a flat pattern making class a long long time ago, but I think that I need a refresher course.

10. I will also learn more about tailoring and acheiving a proper fit.

11. I will do my very best to stay ahead of the season when sewing.

12. I will learn how to do a rolled hem on my serger.

13. Lastly, in 2008 I will sew boldly!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with u about the coupons. Joann's is like a drug and when they offer coupons, I feel like a superaddict. LOL

Sheila said...

Hello 007gurl, Thanks for stopping by. I just found a Joann's near me and itching to get there...lol. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

kasizzle said...

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping we can keep all our resolutions!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Item #6 just made me LOL! Ummmm how many times have I done that one! Good luck with achieving your goals in 2008!

Sharon Sews said...

This is a great list of 2008 goals, although I had to chuckle at #6. I've gone so far as to plan and cut out another project to match the thread in my serger rather than actually change the thread color!