Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Burda on my mind

I have been watching with great awe some of the people who sew Burda WOF patterns. After seeing so many great BWOF garments, I too wanted to sew Burda patterns. Although, first I had to figure out that they were not regular patterns that could be found in a file cabinet in a fabric store, but instead a set of patterns contained in a magazine. Anyway a couple of weeks ago I set out to look for a Burda WOF magazine and I came up empty. It wasn't at any of the fabric stores (which is kind of crazy!). They had Australian Stitches why not Burda World of Fashion? Next I tried the bookstores and nada! Then Ebay, they had it, but I refused to pay $15.95 plus shipping for a single issue. I didn't even care that when you dollar cost average the number of patterns you get with the overall price, it turns out to be mere pennies. I just could not do it. So while I was lamenting about the whole thing I actually wrote Burda and they said that they would send me a complimentary copy (Yeah!) but being as impatient as I am I couldn't wait and what about that September issue that I desperately wanted? All I could think of is there must be a way and there was! This is where the LAW of ATTRACTION comes into play. While surfing the net, I came across a reply to a comment directing someone to go to a newsstand called Santa Monica World News for Burda WOF magazines! I called them and asked if they actually had them and they did. So I promptly left work (luckily it was lunch time) and made the journey to West Hollywood and purchased the August, September and November editions. Now I have all of the Fall editions and I have officially subscribed to the magazine to boot. So very soon I too will be styling like Tany, Cidell, and Laura in my Burda WOF garments.











6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, 007gurl,

Did you subscribe through Burda's website?

007gurl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
007gurl said...

Hi Pirouette,
I did not subscibe through their website(http://www.glpnews.com/EN/Crafts/Burda1.html) only because they sent me a subscription form in the mail along with my complimentary December issue. I hope that you are thinking of joining the fun also!

Tany said...

These are wonderful news! Sewing with BWOF takes some getting use to (so I've heard, because I've been using their patterns for ages, I practically learned how to sew with BWOF patterns, so I wouldn't know that)

Unknown said...

007gurl, thanks for the info. I will be looking into it. The January 2008 issue looks like it has lots of fun patterns.

kasizzle said...

Lucky! I've been looking for that September issue with no luck! I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see what you make.