Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ready to get my sewing on!!!

Yes, I know I haven't posted in quite a while, but I have a good excuse. I was busy spending time with my family who came for Christmas, now that they are gone I can sew again (I certainly have been thinking about it non-stop). So while I didn't sew while they were here, I did manage to cut out some things which I plan to sew this week. January's sewing will mostly be for my mother because one of my sewing resolutions for 2008 is to sew for other people (I will post the full list tomorrow). So I am getting a jumpstart on it by cutting out several things to sew a small travel SWAP for my mother who is going to Senegal and Paris in February. I also cut out a whole bunch of stuff for myself , but that will be for another posting.

These are the fabrics that I bought to make the garments for my MOM. The main color is navy. So I bought a navy woven fabric to make a long sleeved jacket, skirt and pants out of Butterick 3532, and an additional skirt in the bottom left rayon print, then Butterick 5948 for 2 different tops in the two different rayon cotton prints and finally a dress in the bottom right print fabric using a Simplicity out of pattern (9260).
I still don't know exactly what I am going to do with this tan and navy pin stripped jean fabric just yet.




These are the patterns that I am using for now.

No comments: