Monday, December 3, 2007

Knockoff dress

My Lucky magazine dress (see previous post) is done. It is actually an Alisha Levine dress. I made my Alisha Levine knock off using Butterick 5040 in a grey ponte knit. I think that it is a pretty close copy except the original is a mini dress. Sadly my mini dress days are a thing of the past so my dress is right above the knee. The pattern is really easy. It is basically a lot of gathering. I love ponte knit fabric it sews really well. I will probably make something else in the same fabric because I like it so much.

4 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute dress! Looks just like the original.

kasizzle said...

What a cute dress! Looks comfortable. Would love to see how it looks on...

007gurl said...

Thanks ladies. I will take a picture of myself in it and post it.

Cennetta said...

Love that dress. Chic.