Saturday, December 8, 2007

Faux snakeskin jacket

Last week I was perusing the Neiman Marcus website and saw this jacket and I thought the construction looks really simple yet stylish. Hmmm I think that I have a pattern and some fabric that while not leather will sort of have the same effect. I came home and went through my stuff and found a pattern and a cool fabric that I could use for the jacket. Now keep in mind that my McCalls skirt still needs to be altered, but instead I decided to make myself feel better by making a quick jacket. I used a brown and black snakeskin patterned moleskin fabric for this jacket and added a frog closure to the top of it. The pattern is really simple and quick. It was so easy that I am thinking about making the dress (View A) in a brown satin.



4 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

I love the jacket! It's adorable!

Tany said...

Your jacket is BEAUTIFUL!! Well done!

007gurl said...

Thanks ladies!!! The fabric I used turned out to be fabulous for this project, I was acually kind of surprised.

Cennetta said...

Great combination of fabric and style. Great jacket.