Wednesday, December 5, 2007

McCalls skirt update




Well my McCall's 5523 skirt is not working out like I would have liked. I am going to make some more alterations this weekend and hopefully I can salvage it. So wish me luck! I am so happy that I used my $1.00/yd mystery fabric, which I actually think is a rayon/polyester with alot of stretch to it. If it doesn't work out then it will become a muslin if I decide to make another one. As it stands now the waist is too big and it just is not hanging right, but the pleats are okay(even though it is hard to tell from the picture). I think that the fabric has way too much stretch to it. I feel like it is a spandex skirt (LOL). I'll do a pattern review this weekend after I figure out how to fix this thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have this pattern, cut out and ready to sew! Your's came out just lovely, even if you did have some issues with it. The pleats look good to me.

007gurl said...

Thanks. I just have to adjust the waist. The waist actually sits lower on the waist then the pattern suggests.