Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lutterloh not forgotten

Oh Lutterloh I won't let you stump me!!! I refuse to let Lutterloh get the better of me. Long story short, I drafted my first Lutterloh pattern several several weeks ago, but the pattern turned out sort of funky so I just put it away. So much for the golden rule!!! I think that women's clothing sizes were very different in the 60's, which is probably why the pattern came out funky. I think that us Millenium girls have to make adjustments. Anyway, I decided to pull out the pattern that I made and see what I could do to make it work. Actually it has been haunting me for a while. Fortunately, I have been learning a lot about tissue fitting, so I decided to use that method to salvage the pattern. Based on the tissue fitting I added 1.5 inches to the hip area and decided to add darts to the back of the dress. I think that I have made all of the alterations needed on the pattern, so I will be cutting it out this week. However, I plan to add 1 inch side seams for a little extra insurance. No matter what I plan to end up with a wearable garment!!!!

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

Where did you get your Lutterloh Pattern system from. I attended one of their classes at Hancock's about a year ago and so wanted to buy the system. I wasn't able to spring the price of it at that time, but I sure was interested in it. P.S. Loving your summer dress in the last post!