Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been a while

It's actually been a long long while. I sort of lost interest in my linen wardrobe that I was making, so I stopped working on it and pretty much everything else. I will go back to it before the summer is over hopefully otherwise it will go into my UFO bin. Oh no Oh no!!! The truth is I haven't really been sewing much. In fact, I have only been sewing about half as much as I normally would. I have cut out several patterns, but that is about it. I don't know if it is the lazy days of summer that got a hold of me or what? Anyway, to get myself going again and in honor of summer, I decided to make a weekend dress to lay around in, do whatever in or here's an idea...........maybe I will sew in it! I made McCalls 5653 View A. I used 7/8 in slate blue grosgrain ribbon to make the button rosettes and then sewed decorative buttons on top.


11 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very cute!

007gurl said...

Thanks Adrienne!! It will come in handy for this 100+ degree heat that we are currently having where I live.

007gurl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Bunker said...

That dress is adorable! Love the embellishment!

Cennetta said...

Great looking dress. Glad your getting back into sewing.

Lashell said...

So cute. I've been looking at that pattern for awhile, so glad someone in the blogsphere finally made it.

Unknown said...

Cute dress!

I'm like you; I lost a bit of my mojo too. Sometimes you need a break though. Then you can restart refreshed and with new inspiration!

007gurl said...

Hi erica b., cennetta, lashell, and pirouette,
Thanks for the comments!!! I wish that I could sit at home all day and sew, but sometimes life just prevails. I am trying hard to get back into the groove so that when the Fall patterns come out I will be good to go!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

ohmygosh...how cute is this dress! Where did you get the fabric and what kind is it?

007gurl said...

Hi Carolyn,

I got the fabric from Fabric Mart during a sale a few months ago. It's 100% cotton.

kasizzle said...

Love the fabric.
Looks like the perfect dress to beat the heat and humidity.