Monday, February 18, 2008

Another pants suit

I finally sewed something!!! It has been a long time I know. Doesn't it always happen that when you really want to do something that all kinds of other stuff come up and prevent you from doing what you really want to do!! Anyway, enough of that. Last week was my birthday and I got a new dressform. I have been wanting a dressform that I could put pants on for a long long time so I decided that turning a year older was a significant enough event to warrant such a purchase. I have to say that I really like it. I was able to fit my pants a lot quicker with this dressform. Right now it is wearing my New Look 6654 suit with the mandarin collar. This was actually one of the outfits that I cut out during my cutting frenzy. I used a navy blue woven fabric for this pattern. I really need to pay attention to the fabric content of the fabrics that I buy in the future. I will never work with this type of fabric again. It just ravels entirely too much. I have navy blue threads all over my house.

Despite navy blue threads all over my house, I think that this suit turned out cute. I like the long, lean look of this outfit, but I am not really digging the jacket as much as I thought I would. The collar stands a little to high I think.


Also, as you can see from the back the hem is not straight so I am going to have to adjust it and then it needs a serious pressing.

7 comments:

Erica Bunker said...

What a great looking suit!

kasizzle said...

I love the belted jacket!

Unknown said...

Your suit looks sharp. Great job :-)

Anonymous said...

what a nice pants suit, I love it

Tany said...

Not just cute, it's FABULOUS! I love it!

Cennetta said...

Lovin' that suit. I agree with Tany, it's FABULOUS.

Shannon said...

This suit is the best of both worlds - it's chic, but it looks comfy too!