Monday, March 24, 2008

A skirt for spring

I decided to make another skirt (Butterick 5431, view A) for spring because you can never have too many. I made this quick bias skirt with an elastic waistband over the weekend. It was very easy to make because it is only two seams you would think. However, I hung the skirt for 24 hours because it is a bias skirt, and then wouldn't you know I ended up having some issues with the hem. I had to shorten it somewhat in order to make the hem straight, so if I was to make it again I would be extremely careful when cutting it out, because I don't know if I wasn't careful or if the pattern is just jacked up.

Hanging the skirt so the bias can adjust.
Skirt with purchased sweater. I think that this will be a cute spring look.

4 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Very cute! Since it's bias cut and you did hang it, that's what made the hem wonky. But that's exactly what you're supposed to hang a bias skirt before the final hem, so you can adjust it. IOW, it wasn't you or the pattern.

007gurl said...

Thanks Debbie. I'm glad that I am not crazy. Next time I will just add some extra length to compensate

Unknown said...

The colors of the skirt and top match perfectly. Very pretty for spring!

Cennetta said...

Nice skirts. Thanks for the shopping tip for a dress form.