Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shorty jacket

My Vogue 8414 jacket is done. I forgot to take a picture of the back to show the pleats, but maybe I will do that tomorrow. I used some left over black and white tweed fabric that I have had for awhile. It is actually left over from making my staple skirt, McCalls 3038. It looks like a suit when I pair the two together. However, the jacket is supposed to go together with the dress from Vogue 8414, but I am still working on the dress. I used a black cotton stretch rayon for the dress. I am almost done with it, but it seems very rectangular like, so I think that I am going to take in the darts a little more.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

I have been wanting to make that jacket for a while now and your version is so nice, I am inspired to push it up the to-do list!

Kristy Chan said...

great fabric choice. The jacket and skirt do look great together as a suit - I love all the suits you've made lately. Your jacket looks even better than the illustration on the pattern envelope.

Lashell said...

That jacket is too cute. I think I want to make one also.

Erica Bunker said...

Love that jacket.

007gurl said...

Thanks Lashell, Kristy, and Shannon. The jacket was very easy you all should try it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Those two pieces are soooooo cute! I have this pattern and wondered about making it up...what an fantastic outfit you have constructed.

007gurl said...

Thanks Erica B. and Carolyn I could see both of you in it. You should both try it!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE that jacket!!!

Lori said...

Very cute jacket, nice job.

Cennetta said...

Nice outfit. Love your choice of fabric for this.

007gurl said...

Thanks, Adrienne, Lori, and Cennetta. Th fabric was actually some left over fabric from my stash.